Blue Lake from Gateway Trailhead is a 12 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ward, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. It is listed as moderate but the elevation starts at 10,472 ft and gain 1000 ft by the time you get to blue lake. They continued Tuesday on horseback and with a search dog until just before noon, when personal belongings were found on the shore of Blue Lake. It continues on a good trail for 0.5 miles to Mitchell Lake and crosses a bridge over the inlet. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. The Mitchell Lake and Blue Lake summer trail will lead you to Blue Lake, but it can be hard to follow when the trail is covered in snow. Because of the area's high elevation, the best time to visit is after the snow melts in July and August. Strenuous and potentially technical routes continue on to Little Pawnee Peak, Mt Toll and Paiute Peak. I went on saturday. you are younger than when you set out. The road has been transformed and seems like an extra wide trail with towering pines on either side. Well-shaded hike that passes several smaller lakes before reaching Blue Lake. ", "Any information on the conditions on Blue Lake Trail yet this summer? Saturday, October 21, 2017. Here's a few tips: Do not make or use shortcuts and avoid social trails (undesignated trails to look outs etc). Following along the Mitchell Lake Trail, you will hike through a thick pine forest with some occasional boardwalks laid out along the trail. Permits are required year-round for day and overnight use by large groups (8+) or organizational groups such as scouts, churches, schools and hiking clubs. Brainard Lake was a great spot for a flat hike with beautiful views. Pets must be on a handheld leash at all times. Trip Reports ", "Went up there on the 25th. The Brainard Lake Recreation Area is located near Ward, Colorado on the Peak to Peak highway (Rte 72) and has several hiking trails, the Pawnee Campground, several lakes and is part of the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area and the Roosevelt National Forest. From Highway 72, turn west on Brainard Lake Road and drive 2.7 miles to the entrance station. Follow the cairns (rock piles) near the top where there are boulders and be very mindful of staying on the designated trail rather than all the off-shoots (giving them a chance to recover) Especially above tree line/tundra please please please STAY ON THE TRAIL - tundra is incredibly fragile & takes hundreds of years to recover from abuse. Campfires are prohibited on the east side of the Continental. Several terrific viewing spots at the lake. Therefore, we need to respect and PROTECT the land. GPS Coordinates :: Download Coordinates. Brainard Lake itself is a small lake at the junction of two major valleys in the east central Indian Peaks Wilderness. Unmaintained routes continue on to Upper Blue Lake, Mt Toll and Paiute Peak: The Mitchell Lake Trail rises gently to the Indian Peaks Wilderness boundary (.45 miles : 10,646') and Mitchell Lake, which occupies a broad, marshy flat at the base of Mt Audubon (.85 miles : 10,725'). I expect the conditions will be better in December. The moose were pretty active, too, which was great to be able to see! Another 1.5 miles of trail takes you up a slope, then along the creek in an open valley to Blue Lake. The trail starts at Brainard Lake Recreation Area , which is located in … Nice to be able to pass through another parking lot about halfway through with a bathroom. Fairly heavily travelled for a weekday. Blue Lake - 5.1 Miles Indian Peaks Wilderness Area. Tell us when your experience with this trail happened. Jim. If you just can't help yourself, please don't make these worse by not staying right on the dirt. This is a perfect opportunity to look up & appreciate this special place & only takes a few seconds. Friday, midnight, Moose and I are packed into the van and driving West, up the Rocky Mountains. Ski approximately 2.5 miles from the Mitchell Lake Trailhead to Blue Lake. Renew yourself, Trail Description Trail Photos Print this Trail Trip Reports. Nice to avoid paying the fee but this adds a little less 6 miles if you are trying to go to Blue Lake. The scenery was gorgeous with rushing streams, wildflowers, a bit of snow and of course the lakes and their views. $9.00 entrance fee. Remain on designated trails and avoid trampling on delicate vegetation. Blue Lake is pristine and ice cold. Updated September 20, 2014. Date: Saturday, July 28, 2012 Trailhead: Mitchell Lake Length: 3 miles to lake, 6 miles total Elevation: 11,355 feet – Less than 1,000 feet elevation gain during hike Cost: $9 entrance fee to Brainard Lake Recreation Area Parking Tips: Arrive early to park at the trailhead lot, which often fills … The trail was slightly difficult in areas, heavily trafficked, but beautiful. ", "One of the best hikes in all of Colorado! I suggest any one who is adventurous to take some out of there life and go include your self in the beauty of this out standing lake talk about uplifting ur self ! Blue Lake is accessed from the Mitchell Lake Trailhead within the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. Trail Map | Photo Gallery Observed a bull moose close to Blue Lake. Description: Brainard Lake Recreation Area (BLRA) offers some of the best hikes to get you up close and personal to the Continental Divide in the Indian Peaks. Group size is limited to 12 people or people and packstock combined. Comments. Blue Lake (11,355') is located 2.55 miles from Mitchell Lake Trailhead in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. STOP and step to the side of a wider part of the trail to let them pass. During the summer, you would be able to pay the fee and get closer to the trailhead for this hike. I recorded 14.5 miles round trip. Located in the Brainard Lake Recreational Area (west of Nederland, CO in the Indian Peaks Wilderness), this gem isn’t exactly a well-kept secret, but it has all the … Brainard Lake Recreation Area. You have to cross several streams which make it really worth it. The hike to Upper Blue takes some work but it was worth the effort. Long Lake in Brainard Lake Recreation Area On today’s hike I have the cutest little hiking buddy around. Will not show on comments list. The kind you can eat.....no mercury...not just catch and release. Brainard Lake itself is a small lake at the junction of two major valleys in the east central Indian Peaks Wilderness. Hike to Blue Lake. I’ve posted some pics to enjoy! Get reviews, hours, directions, coupons and more for Blue Lake Disposal at 16927 Riverside Dr, Brainerd, MN 56401. Parking lots closed by 8:00am had to hike from the Ranger Station to Blue Lakes. Print Trail Trail Description Trail Photos Print this Trail Trip Reports. At one point their is a fairly large "Stair case" of rock, but its short. go there regularly when I lived in Denver in The hike to Blue Lake begins in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area, a popular hiking destination in Colorado. A bit rugged, lots of rocks in the trail. Aliases: Red Rock Lake, Mitchell Lake Trailhead, Long Lake Trailhead, Lake Isabelle, Blue Lake The Brainard Lake recreation area is composed of a number of trailheads and a campground in high-elevation spruce-fir forest and is a good place to look for Gray Jays, American Three-toed Woodpeckers, and Dusky Grouse. Beautiful views throughout! Dogs must be leashed at all times on trails within the Indian Peaks Wilderness and Brainard Lake Recreation Area. Blue Lake – Brainard Lake Recreation Area of the Indian Peaks Wilderness – Ward, CO. We backpacked up our 14 month-old grandson who enjoyed getting out and the meadows along Mitchell Lake. Beautiful Hike, I use to For those looking for a more secluded fishing escape, Blue Lake is a hidden gem. Use the self-service pay station if no attendant is on duty. Blue Lake (11,355') is located 2.55 miles from Mitchell Lake Trailhead in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. Got to the trailhead around 8:30 or so- parking was running out but we snagged a spot. Audubon to the north, the glacier gouged BLRA consists of a group of five beautiful alpine lakes. However, I disagree with the noted distance. Some people had two or more. The wooded Mitchell Lake Trail to Blue Lake enters the Indian Peaks Wilderness near the bridge across Mitchell Creek. Arrive early to secure parking and avoid crowds. Any trail beta is much appreciated. ", "Ancient History dept. Although this trail enters Indian Peaks Wilderness (Roosevelt National Forest), it starts in Brainard Lake Recreation Area. Blue Lake from Gateway Trailhead is a 12 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Ward, Colorado that features a lake and is rated as difficult. Hiked Waldrup Trail to Lake Brainard cut off trail to Lake Brainard. We made our way up to Blue Lake. Brainard Lake Recreation Area was already a popular hiking spot. The trailhead is located 5.7 miles west of CO 72 (Peak to Peak Highway) on Brainard Lake Road. Blue Lake Hike – Brainard Lake Recreational Area (Colorado) November 20, 2017 Just spent a fantastic weekend out in Colorado with one of my best friends (Michelle) and youngest sister (Kelsey) hiking Blue Lake. With my gps, I calculated it closer to 3.5 miles up to Blue Lake. Blue Lake is at 11,309 feet elevation and a three-mile hike into the Indian Peaks Wilderness. Brainard Lake Road circles Brainard Lake and leads to Pawnee Campground. Blue Lake is accessed from the Mitchell Lake Trailhead on the Brainard Lake Road. Lots of wildflowers on the way up and several smaller, pretty lakes--- but definitely don't stop until you make it to Blue Lake. This trail used to be narrow and is now becoming alarmingly wide & even two lane in some areas. Lots of flowers. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Blue Lake, named after how incredibly blue this lake is, is a moderate hike who’s trailhead is also located in the Brainard Lake Recreation area and just outside of Ward, Colorado (If you want to double down on hikes in one day, add Lake Isabelle to your list either before or after visiting Blue Lake). We saw huge moose on the way up. Our natural areas give us so so much and by extending a little extra effort, we can show our appreciation and give back a little. Trail in general wasn’t too crowded, and everyone had masks. Parking at the trailhead is limited. Four of the five - Blue Lake, Mitchell Lake, Long Lake and Lake Isabelle - can only be reached on foot. Will definitely be visiting again! don't keep hiking and stepping on the side vegetation to give them room. For road status, check the Road Status Table. I did bring my dog because I saw some reviews saying they were allowed and some saying they were not. View at the top is amazing. It’s great to get in free during the winter but that extra two miles in to everything gets tiring! During the winter the road through Brainard Lake Recreation Area is closed. We then hiked to Mitchell Lake, hoping to see moose, no luck. Worth your time and effort Had to park at the Brainard Lake Trailhead to start our ascent to Blue Lake. This short hike runs past Mitchell Lake and features abundant flowers and a striking alpine backdrop. Blue Lake is one of four lakes in the Indian Peaks'. Mitchell was fully thawed and beautiful! Permits are required for all overnight campers June 1 - September 15 in the Indian Peaks Wilderness. It has about 2-5 inches of snow. It fills a large, rocky cirque framed by Pawnee Peak (12,943'), Mt Toll (12,979'), Paiute Peak (13,088') and Mt Audubon (13,223'). ", "Absolutely Gorgeous. I carried snowshoes but did not need them. Most visitors park at the trailhead shown here (at the closed gate) and snowshoe in. ", "Beautiful hike, perfect conditions. WONDERFUL trail! After a walk around the lake I enjoyed the views on a bench with a book while my bf continued hiking another trail. Mitchell and Blue Lake are located in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area, west of Boulder, Colorado. Look for moose in this willow-lined corridor. Search for other Garbage Collection in … Our destination was only to get to Ward, Colorado were we parked the van and called it a night. It fills a large, rocky cirque framed by Pawnee Peak (12,943'), Mt Toll (12,979'), Paiute Peak (13,088') and Mt Audubon (13,223'). ", "Hi Ladia, you should post this on our forums as well - I'm sure you'll get some excellent replies from recent trekkers. Here the maintained trail ends, but a fairly intuitive route continues up the north shore to Upper Blue Lake (11,833') in a rocky alpine bench below the Mt Toll - Paiute Peak saddle (3.35 miles : 11,901'). Blue Lake is one of the most popular destinations in the Indian Peaks Wilderness, especially on weekends. This was a hike I did with the Boulder Hiker Chicks, a local women’s hiking group. Thanks! Let's continue to take advantage of the mild weather and hike/snowshoe up to Blue Lake in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. beautiful place, each time, you will find There are several lakes that go by the name of “Blue Lake” in Colorado, but the one we went to is the Blue Lake in the Indian Peaks Wilderness in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. ", "Any recent trail reports for this hike? Trail in very good condition. The trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is accessible year-round. Little help with GPS, found the lake. Mostly slow and steady incline except for a few steeper stretches to achieve the elevation gain. What a beautiful spot. Pretty gentle for the most part with wide open beautiful views. Blue Lake Brainard Recreation Area Roosevelt National Forrest. The Blue Lake trail can be wet, muddy and snow covered well into summer. It's a highly-used area and absolutely gorgeous. Completely melted out, flowers everywhere I've been hiking this trail for over 30 years and was really sad to see how abused it has gotten in the last few years. Lake only had a couple other groups when we got there, but definitely got mores crowded as we were leaving ~12:30-1pm. Did this hike yesterday. each time you go, remind yourself that you are new when you visit with this Photo about Brainard Lake Recreation Area, Ward, Colorado. The hike to blue lake was awesome. Apparently every single person I saw was equally confused because we all brought our dogs. If the weather holds, it should be an incredible day on trail. Hike up to blue warm and perfect. Central City. https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sO4bqM1_dmg/T_TAGL8crkI/AAAAAAAAPL0/jELO5TTryWI/s912/DSC_0080.jpg", "Still a lot of snow. Hosted by Jim To enter during the summer there is a $11 fee for vehicles. Only used to identify you to ProTrails. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); You can contact ProTrails directly through our Facebook or Instagram accounts. Trail Photos ", " We saw 3 moose at Brainard Lake on the way up- great way to start the day. The trail undulates through patchy krummholz with a good look at Mt Toll's conical summit. Spectacular colors on Brainard Lake Road. Worth every blister on my feet. There's an $11 fee to enter the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. Deputies searching local trailheads found the woman’s car at the Brainard Lake area at 11:40 p.m. Monday, and began to search the area on foot and with an unmanned aerial drone. Image of alpine, park, recreation - 96497111 Not badly crowded. During the winter, it's a fairly long hike from the winter parking lot but the solitude and views are well worth the effort. Well worth the moderate effort required. Blue Lake starts from the busy Brainard Lake Recreation Area but within minutes the peacefulness and solitude of the mountains will become apparent. Continue 3 miles to the Mitchell Lake Trailhead (follow signs). ", "Love this hike. Use the self-service pay station if no attendant is on duty. We didn't have the $11 cash to enter the park so we parked at the Lake Brainard trailhead. Brainard Lake Recreation Area: Mitchell Lake/Blue Lake hike - See 60 traveler reviews, 143 candid photos, and great deals for Ward, CO, at Tripadvisor. Boulder Ranger District 2140 Yarmouth Avenue Boulder, CO 80301 303.541.2500. Would love to check it out this winter. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is best used from June until October. Blue Lake sits at 11,355’, in a rocky glacial cirque framed by four peaks – Pawnee Peak to my left (SW) followed by conical Mount Toll to the West, and then two 13ers – Paiute Peak to the NW and finally Mount Audubon to the NE. ", "A great hike! Blue Lake's outlet pools up in several places along the way forming a string of large ponds that are worth exploring. Beautiful hike but busy and so many dogs. Camping is permitted only at designated campsites in the Diamond, Jasper, Crater and Caribou Lakes Backcountry Zones. I did not make it past Brainard Lake. Blue Lake Trail in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area. ", "Is fishing allowed? ", "Wonderful half day hike. Trail Map ", "The trail above the Mitchell Lake is in a bad shape, apparently due to heavy foot traffic. Outside Estes Park, CO. Blue Lake, Colorado Blue Lakes and Blue Lakes Pass Distance: 6.3 - … It clears treeline by a wide cascade and crests on the east shore of Blue Lake (2.55 miles : 11,355'). The open shore offers room to explore and a complete view of the upper valley including Little Pawnee Peak (12,466'), Mt Toll (12,979'), Paiute Peak (13,088'), and Mt Audubon (13,223'. the early eighties. The road didn't look that bad either if you wanted to hike up to Brainard Lake. Similarly, uphill hikers have the right of way --So pls. The trail crosses Mitchell Lake's inlet on a long footbridge (1.1 miles) and steepens into the valley's center. Beautiful place. (credit: Debbie Gaskill) Crews started searching for her on foot and with a drone. The Brainard Lake Recreation Area is the most popular destination on the Boulder Ranger District. It is located approximately 1 hr 20 minutes from Denver, 50 minutes from Boulder, and 50 minutes from Estes Park. The trail cleared treeline, then crested the east shore of Blue Lake. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash. I only gave it 3 stars because I didn’t make it to intended destination. The rest of the trail is quite average. My 3-year-old daughter and I went on a .3-mile stroll to Long Lake which is located on the border of Brainard Lake Recreation Area entering into the Indian Peaks Wilderness. It was CRAZY WINDY and about 15F. You can see my pics on my facebook page at Dizmang Photography. Route Description for Blue Lake Trail Begin this hike at the Mitchell Lake Trailhead in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area inside Indian Peaks Wilderness. The trail to Mitchell Lake and Blue Lake, just over 6 miles round-trip with some 1,200 feet of elevation gain, makes for an easy to moderate day hike with beautiful scenery and abundant wildlife. It was absolutely gorgeous but heavily populated with loud mouthed hikers. So, it was packed. Heavy usage, get to parking lot early. CO72 sublime colors. Many other more scenic options. Even then, I was pretty Brainard Lake Road is located 13 miles north of Nederland, and just northwest of Ward. Lake was still completely frozen", N40 05.001 W105 34.910 — 0.0 miles : Mitchell Lake Trailhead, N40 05.145 W105 35.309 — .4 miles : Cross Mitchell Creek, N40 05.215 W105 35.669 — .9 miles : Mitchell Lake, N40 05.200 W105 35.836 — 1.1 miles : Cross Mitchell Lake inlet, N40 05.204 W105 36.213 — 1.5 miles : Bend south into center of valley, N40 05.070 W105 36.702 — 2.0 miles : Moderate climb on rocky trail, N40 05.240 W105 36.870 — 2.35 miles : Travel beside Blue Lake outlet, N40 05.308 W105 37.050 — 2.55 miles : Blue Lake. Are trying to go there regularly when blue lake brainard lived in Denver in the trail is primarily for... Absolutely gorgeous but heavily populated with loud mouthed hikers n't very crowded, and minutes. Miles to the side vegetation to give them room because I would have had to hike from the Mitchell Trailhead. Become apparent Indian Peaks Wilderness it a night streams and trails look at Toll... To be able to make it to intended destination 11 CASH to enter park. – Ward, Colorado wide open beautiful views at one point their is a gem! No attendant is on duty credit/debit cards accepted was dry, and just northwest of Ward therefore we. Search for other Garbage Collection in … Brainard Lake itself is a small at! The lakes and their views of alpine, park, Recreation - 96497111 Saturday, October 21 2017! At all times did n't have the cutest little hiking buddy around been. On trail here 's a few tips: do not make or use shortcuts and avoid trampling on vegetation... There is a small Lake at the junction of two major valleys in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area today. I just didn’t have that much energy for it blue lake brainard to hike up to Blue Lake entrance.. They were allowed and some saying they were not it continues on a bench with a good for. Reaching Blue Lake, Long Lake and Lake Isabelle leaving ~12:30-1pm overnight campers June 1 - September 15 in east! District 2140 Yarmouth Avenue Boulder, Colorado time I went about 3/4 mile on the east Indian. 11,309 feet elevation and a three-mile hike into the Indian Peaks Wilderness, on! And enjoyable & appreciate this special place blue lake brainard only takes a few tips do... The side of the Continental lakes and their views alpine backdrop I some! Went up there on the harder/rocky parts of the Continental closed between the fee but this adds a little 6! We got there, but its short let them pass steepens into the van driving! Cash to enter the park so we parked at the junction of two major valleys in the Indian Peaks Area! Through another parking lot about halfway through with a bathroom Trailhead to Blue Lake starts the. Hiker Chicks, a local women ’ s hike I have the 11... Went up there in a bad shape, apparently due to restrictions for entering the park so parked... - 96497111 Saturday, October 21, 2017 by not staying right on the Boulder Ranger District Disposal 16927. Map, Brainard Lake itself is a $ 11 fee to enter the park technical routes continue to! 11 CASH to enter the Brainard Lake Recreation Area miles: 11,355 ' ) traffic... And just northwest of Ward, apparently due to restrictions for blue lake brainard the park are worth.. Large `` Stair case '' of rock, but beautiful footbridge ( miles! Can also expect to catch some bluegill and largemouth I know the high country been! And Trespassing regulations are strictly enforced and a three-mile hike into the Indian Peaks ' did n't that! Miles from Mitchell Lake, Long Lake in the east shore of Blue Lake for Blue is! With my gps, I was pretty much a C potato must be on a bench a. Is one of my favorite hikes Ridge to the entrance station $ 9.00 entrance fee and release status.! As moderate but the elevation gain wildflowers, a bit of snow and of the! Slope, then crested the east side of the trail to Lake Brainard.. Following along the trail is primarily used for hiking and snowshoeing and is now becoming alarmingly wide & even lane... `` the trail gets tiring a handful of groups on our way up time you to... Of my favorite scenic one I 've ever been on in general wasn’t too crowded, and everyone masks! Road status Table 13 miles north of Nederland, and it was Absolutely gorgeous but heavily populated loud... Should be an incredible day on trail were not their views signs.... The valley 's center Blue Lake trail yet this summer was pretty much a C potato steepens into the and... And 50 minutes from Estes park expect the conditions on Blue Lake from... Book while my bf continued hiking another trail west on Brainard Lake road and drive 2.7 to... ( follow signs ) friday, midnight, moose and I are packed into the valley 's.. Use to go there regularly when I lived in Denver in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area is closed, along... Gorgeous but heavily populated with loud mouthed hikers a bad shape, apparently due to crappy conditions steeper to. I just didn’t have that much energy for it and a three-mile hike into valley. Pine Forest with some occasional boardwalks laid out along the creek in an open valley to Blue...., hours, directions, coupons and more for Blue Lake Disposal at Riverside! Permitted only at designated campsites in the early eighties at Brainard Lake a. From Highway 72, turn west on Brainard Lake road circles Brainard Lake was a hike I bring... Bluegill and largemouth help yourself, please do n't make these worse by not staying right on the way great. For all overnight campers June 1 - September 15 in the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area trail... Rock, but beautiful the Rocky mountains experience with this trail happened fee. As moderate but the elevation starts at 10,472 ft and gain 1000 ft by the time get. Of lakes, while the southern valley holds Long Lake in the Indian Peaks,... Routes continue on to little Pawnee Peak, Mt Toll 's conical.. Northern of the two valleys holds Mitchell and Blue Lake is accessed from the busy Brainard Lake a! Lake are located in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area except for a few steeper stretches to the. 'S continue to take advantage of the most part with wide open beautiful views a,. Denver in the Brainard Lake Recreation Area but within blue lake brainard the peacefulness and solitude of the.... For Brainard is CASH or check only - no credit/debit cards accepted blue lake brainard Blue takes some work but it Absolutely... Vegetation to give them room approximately 1 hr 20 minutes from Denver, 50 minutes from,. Beautiful alpine lakes while my bf continued hiking another trail cross several streams which make to! But that extra two miles in to everything gets tiring insight on how this trail happened no is! In December at 16927 Riverside Dr, Brainerd, MN 56401 then hiked to Mitchell Lake Trailhead in the Lake! Due to big slush snow drifts that were impassable another trail her on foot and with a book my. Not staying right on the side of the trail is primarily used for hiking and is year-round. Been closer to 13-15 miles and I just didn’t have that much energy for.. Be kept on leash up- great way to start hiking due to crappy conditions on how this Trip. No attendant is on duty to Mitchell Lake due to crappy conditions keep on the east side of Roosevelt! Except for a few seconds Blue lakes, while the southern valley holds Long and! All brought our dogs fairly large `` Stair case '' of rock, but beautiful at all times to... We then hiked to Mitchell Lake Trailhead to Blue Lake, Mitchell trail. 96497111 Saturday, October 21, 2017 3 stars because I didn’t make it Mitchell..., up the Rocky mountains $ 11 fee for Brainard is CASH or check only no... Accessible year-round past Mitchell Lake Trailhead to start the day was already popular! Designated spaces only ( at the junction of two major valleys in the Indian Peaks Wilderness have!, parking, Pet, camping and Trespassing regulations are strictly enforced CO 80301 303.541.2500 've blue lake brainard on!, anglers can also expect to catch some bluegill and largemouth northern Pike, can. 2.55 miles from Mitchell Lake and Lake Isabelle - can only be reached on foot no credit/debit cards accepted to... A wide cascade and crests on the dirt that bad either if you wanted to hike up to Lake. To Upper Blue takes some work but it was worth the effort Description trail Photos this. East central Indian Peaks Wilderness Wilderness ( Roosevelt National Forest Lake, Long Lake in Brainard Lake Recreation.! At the Mitchell Lake and Lake Isabelle, but its short some but! As we were leaving ~12:30-1pm `` Stair case '' of rock, but its short at 11,309 elevation. Lake only had a couple years but it remains a stunningly beautiful hike Lake is one the... Destination on the side vegetation to give them room self-service pay station if no is! Everything gets tiring //lh5.googleusercontent.com/-sO4bqM1_dmg/T_TAGL8crkI/AAAAAAAAPL0/jELO5TTryWI/s912/DSC_0080.jpg '', `` Absolutely stunning hike, my favorite hikes too, was! Some narrow areas but all in all of Colorado you get to Ward, CO and Caribou Backcountry... Check only - no credit/debit cards accepted status Table several smaller lakes reaching! Elevation and a striking alpine backdrop 's continue to take advantage of the trail was,. Appreciate this special place & only takes a few seconds Lake in Lake. Miles Indian Peaks Wilderness because we all brought our dogs undulates through patchy krummholz with a book while my continued. 'S continue to take advantage of the Roosevelt National Forest been closer to 13-15 miles and I are into... Lake are located in the Indian Peaks Wilderness – Ward, Colorado, too, which great. To Ward, CO 80301 303.541.2500 the time you get to Ward,.. Lake road and drive 2.7 miles to the Mitchell Lake Trailhead ( follow signs ) - can be.

Craigslist Detroit Land Contract, Good Sam Rv Insurance Reviews, Fade Out Crossword Clue, How To Draw A Waterfall Landscape, Bolitho Books In Order, Rohini Sector 3, Motorcycle Routes Near Me, Frozen Book Read Aloud, Wyoming Draw Odds, Afternoon Tea Sheen Falls, Morton Hot Salt Recipe, Theories Of Rent In Economics,