The benefit of the Split-Pivot platform is a concentric rear axle pivot that separates braking forces from the rear suspension, so even if you’re on the brakes in a bumpy corner, the wheel doesn’t lock up — it sticks to the ground. Salsa is going to attract a different type of buyer than Yeti or Pivot, and the functionality of the frame with plenty of mounts for water, or bags, or anything appeals to the adventurous more so than the racy. The WTB ST i25 wheels with Speedterra hubs are fairly budget-minded also, as is the OEM cockpit. Free standard shipping on orders of $50 or more (U.S. only). Some exclusions apply. He may be a good writer, but to become a good technical writer over night?? LinkBack URL; About LinkBacks; Thread Tools. Add to Compare; 2019 Cannondale Trail 4 . “We do encourage folks to build beyond the spec if they want!” says Salsa. Salsa Spearfish 2019. In the unlikely event that it breaks, you can easily find a local welder to weld it back together. Oozy Trail Platform Pedals (6) 6 reviews with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars. Add to Cart. Spearfish Features. Traction is the name of the game with Split-Pivot and the tires feel like Velcro climbing up loose and bumpy terrain. All measurements are in mm unless otherwise noted, Rock Shock Recon RL, 15x110mm, 51mm offset, ISCG 05 tabs with modular plate cover for when tabs are not in use, Front: Maxxis Forekaster, EXO, 60tpi, 29x2.35'', @cache_main: 27f4e3a85d8073d3412c1d28a6134fba. Speaking of which, the former Spearfish holds a place in the record books with Neil Beltchenko’s current Arizona Trail Race 300 record (1 day, 23 hours, and 13 minutes). Sign up for price alert. 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore; 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore. Be the first to review this product. Riding with a pack is the last thing on your mind with the Spearfish. I’m all for short stems, but don’t enjoy 800mm wide bars anymore, so I swapped for a narrower set of 780 RaceFace Next R carbon bars I had lying around (and which the bike is pictured with in a few shots). The Salsa Spearfish is a 100mm cross-crountry rig with 120mm fork. Been debating between this or a pivot with their "low end" build Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk 03-20-2019 #3. Flag for Review. $1,999 USD (MSRP) ... 2019 Spearfish Frame Sheet (PDF) Suspension Setup Guide – Gen 3+ Frames (PDF) The Split Pivot platform was updated and tuned with a new leverage rate, and the frame has Flip Chip adjustability and a metric shock standard. The nice guys at the shop let me return the El Mariachi and upgrade to the Spearfish 2. $2,399.00. Best Bike Trails | Spearfish is built to crush endurance-testing terrain while thriving on technical climbs and descents. Double click on above image to view full picture. The frame doesn’t accept a ring larger than a 32-tooth, and oval rings can’t be greater than a 30-tooth. The Horsethief and Spearfish feature the same frame but they have different lengths of travel, achieved with differing forks, shocks, linkages, and rear t… Salsa says that “157 is the best solution to maximize a modern 29er. Edited by Moderator Mar 1, 2019. Double click on above image to view full picture. Salsa - the bike maker, not the spicy chip dip - is arguably best known for its gravel and fat bikes. Reviews, ratings, specifications, weight, price and more for the 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore Bike Shimano Deore Cassette/Rear Cogs Shimano Deore 11-42T Shifters Shimano Deore Handlebars Salsa Salt Flat (SM) Rustler (MD,L,XL) Tape/Grips Salsa File Tread Lock On Stem Salsa Guide Trail Brakes Shimano MT201, 180mm Front & 160mm Rear Rotors Saddle WTB Volt Sport Seat Post Trans-X JD-YSP15JL, Travel: SM = 100mm, MD/LG/XL = 125mm $2,399.00. There’s no denying a trickle-down effect of athlete feedback and engineer development, but really, in any category (except downhill) a bike should be reasonably fun on both climbs and descents. Add to Cart. This drivetrain setup provides a good amount of range that will be suitable for most riders, although the easiest gear is a bit tougher than some of its competitors. The Salsa Spearfish Carbon GX Eagle sits proudly at the top of the Spearfish range at $5,400 USD. Shipping available by country. The unmistakable Salsa headbadge. Everybody can, its their money. Probably, buyers have already made a decision on the Yeti or Salsa based on branding and image between the two. In fact, I think it would make the bike climb better and descend faster. c . And last but not least, the Spearfish 3 comes with Shimano Deore and SLX for a very reasonable US$2,750. Central Phoenix (602) 264-5681 ; Location Details; North Scottsdale (480) 948-9280; Location Details; Tempe North (480) 839-9383; Location Details; Tempe South (480) 730-1081; Location Details; INFORMATION. This seems like something Donald Trump tweets at 4AM. For intermediate to advance technical singletrack, I still think that the progessive geo, medium to long travel, wide tire,Trail/Enduro bike is best and I ride such a bike. This bike pedals incredibly well and is super playful going downhill. The Split Pivot platform was updated and tuned with a new leverage rate, and the frame has Flip Chip adjustability and a metric shock standard. And I am very modest as far as new bike price is concern. Level 1 expert . Salsa spread out the axle to a SuperBoost 157mm, which is something you won’t see a lot of on other short travel mountain bikes. I’d say the geo on this new Spearfish is far from old school XC geo, and it gets a 50mm stem with 800mm wide handlebars. Serving the Community Since 1912. Condition: New ... Shimano Deore: Handlebars: Salsa Salt Flat (SM) Rustler (MD,L,XL) Tape/Grips: Salsa File Tread Lock On: Stem: Salsa Guide Trail: Brakes : Shimano MT201, 180mm Front & 160mm Rear Rotors : Saddle: WTB Volt Sport: Seat Post: Trans-X JD-YSP15JL, Travel: SM = 100mm, MD/LG/XL = 125mm * Subject to change … The Salsa Spearfish is a 100mm cross-crountry rig with 120mm fork. The steel frame offers a smooth and sturdy ride, and it doesn’t easily break. Salsa claims that with a 32-tooth ring, there is a more efficient pedaling platform without having t… In pedal mode on the RockShox Deluxe RT3, it keeps you right around the 30% sag mark. Salsa 2019 Spearfish Deore 29er Full Suspension Bike - Spearfish is built to crush endurance-testing terrain while thriving on technical climbs and descents. yeah, the metal or carbon frame are bent less crooked, read a different angle. First, the decision to build it around a 32-tooth, and eliminate options for a 34-tooth: “The math [of the gearing]… 90 RPM at 32 x 10 on a 29×2.5 wheel results in over 25mph of speed, which we’ve found to be plenty fast for most singletrack situations. By Matt Miller May 3, 2019. Free shipping on orders over $50 (continental U.S. only). ... 2019 Salsa Horsethief and Spearfish: First Look. With thoroughly modern geometry and a highly adaptable suspension platform, the Spearfish chases XC and distance efforts, keeping you at the front of the pack. Dang dude, bike is looking proper. Availability: In stock. Again, with these measurements, the Spearfish can run 29er tires up to a 2.6-inch width in the frame and a 2.8-inch in the fork, or 27.5-plus tires up to a 3.0-inch width. The Spearfish is a straight up XC 29er with 100mm of Split Pivot rear suspension and a 120mm fork, it’s perfect for endurance and XC races while offering a nimble day to day ride quality. Spearfish is built to crush endurance-testing terrain while thriving on technical climbs and descents. Ride at your own risk! Salsa says that they wanted to differentiate the build kits between the Spearfish and Horsethief, which does come with a Pike. The value is absolutely there, and the price falls in line with how other brands price their GX-level builds. Challenging trails aren't so challenging, thanks to the Spearfish! Technical writers aren’t engineers either, so I’m not sure how you’ve come to this conclusion as to what it takes to write a product review. MTB Podcast | 03-20-2019 #2. Enough already, especially on a short-travel bike. You could always just not read it…at 4am. S (Low, High), M (Low, High), L (Low, High), XL (Low, High), (1) Get a quote for your old rig, (2) Buy your dream bike, (3) Send in the old one and get paid, Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon CC X01 Eagle 27.5" Bike, 2021 Santa Cruz Chameleon R Aluminum Bike, 2021 Niner SIR 9 2-Star SRAM SX Eagle Bike, 2021 Growler Bikes American Pale Ale NX Bike, 2019 Guerrilla Gravity Pedalhead Ride 2 Bike, TRAIL BIKE MADNESS! The flip-chip on the new Spearfish only offers a 0.2-degree change. If crushing singletrack is your game, the Salsa Horsethief Deore 29 is your bike. The Salsa Horsethief SLX 29 bike lets you do both. I don’t think that the SID fork held the Spearfish back at all, but since it’s already a line-blurring bike, I do wonder how the front end would’ve felt with a Pike. I recently took a test ride on an XC bike and loved the ride feel but hated the geometry. Dirt Lab: Creating a Grassroots Skills Park and Trail Building... Is the AKASO Brave 7 LE Action Camera a Good... Mountain Biking Through the Rocky Trail of Grief, 29-inch wheel size x 2.2-2.6″ (compatible with 27.5×2.8-3.0″), Carbon front triangle, aluminum rear triangle, Pricing starts at $2400 for Deore build with an alloy frame. We buy this because we have no choice…??! The 2019 Salsa Spearfish is positioned as a 29″ progressive XC bike. It isn’t a flashy build kit, but that doesn’t take away from the bike’s eye-grabbing color or design, and it sells for $5,200. Equipped with 100mm of rear suspension and a 120mm fork it’s the design most targeted at all out efficiency. Spearfish Features. Do they sell frame only? The Rangefinder looks to make the mountains and trails more accessible to the masses without compromising […] When an onlooking rider asks if your handlebars touched the grass around a swooping corner, it makes you feel pretty dang good. The red NX Model features a RockShox Reba RL 120mm fork, SRAM NX 12-speed drivetrain, and WTB ST i25 rims for $4,199. Thanks for the comment. Reviews, ratings, specifications, weight, price and more for the 2019 Salsa Spearfish SLX Bike Level 4 expert . The Salsa Timberjack Deore is the least expensive model in our budget mountain bike review. Prove Humanity: Please click here to start. However, I do find myself longing for something much lighter, more responsive, and snappier especially on the climbs and flats and on easier singletrack. A big bottle and room for more. SSsteel4life. The Salsa Horsethief is the brand’s 29er trail bike with 120mm rear travel and 140mm up front. Free ground shipping and free returns on orders of $50 or more (continental U.S. only). 2019 Salsa Horsethief 2017 Salsa Timberjack 2014 Salsa Fargo Chips. Huge selection of mountain bikes from brands such … Photo: Matt Miller. If crushing singletrack is your game, Horsethief is your bike. Buyers considering the Spearfish may be disappointed to hear that the bike is now a SuperBoost 157 hub, and it can only (optimally) run a 32-tooth front chain ring. $3,049.00. A 612mm stack height on the medium puts riders in a very upright pedaling position and the progressive suspension keeps the rider in that position without settling into the stroke. Today bikes are unbelievably overpriced, If the bicycle is 8000 dollars and a car is 12000, there is somethig very wrong with this picture. Visit full review. This is Salsa’s most XC oriented bike. The Salsa Horsethief is the brand’s 29er trail bike with 120mm rear travel and 140mm up front. At $5,600 the Race build of the full carbon Pivot Mach 4 SL I tested last month gets a few nicer touches like a SRAM X01 derailleur, and a Fox Step Cast 34 fork, although it costs $400 more than the Salsa. mtbr member Reputation: Join Date Jul 2020 Posts 21. I asked Salsa about both. By nature, hardtails aren’t typically known for their descending skills, but this is just one of the many standout qualities of Salsa’s Timberjack NX Eagle 27.5+. The All-New 2016 Industry Nine Trail245 Wheelset - A Video... Watch: Top 5 Cross Country Mountain Bike Race Tips. Is it a trail bike? 2019. A 75 degree seattube angle and a 67 degree headtube angle with a longer toptube and a 50mm stem would be fine. Bike of the Day: Trek Session 9.9. Huge selection of mountain bikes from brands such … This is all fine and functional equipment, but far from Gucci. The bike has 100mm of travel in the back and a 120mm fork, and Salsa calls it a … Review: Salsa Redpoint A confident trail star that rides to the beat of its own drum. I recently received the updated Spearfish for testing. Salsa launches a bike to go fast, fast, fast with its Spearfish Carbon GX Eagle mountain bike. Does it matter? The Salsa Rustler has 130mm rear travel and 150mm up front. ... Spearfish Deore. Add to Cart. Does a progessive geo XC bike make sense? Vital RAW with Elliott Heap, Bike of the Day: Kona Operator "Slope Edition", Ever Been to 100 Mile House? Salsa Announces New Rangefinder Line The Salsa Rangefinder is the newest addition to it’s expanding adventure and hardtail catalog. Singletracks Merch | Kinematics and anti-squat were revised, improved, and optimized around a 32-tooth chainring. More Views. Enter your email address to receive our top stories via email each week. Salsa could probably care less about what World Cup courses look like, and for the vast majority of us, do we honestly care? ... Add to Compare; 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore. Salsa Horsethief Deore Review. Salsa claims that with a 32-tooth ring, there is a more efficient pedaling platform without having to overdamp the rear shock. With a short toptube, long stem, and steep headtube angle, I felt like I would go right over the handlebars if I didn’t pay very close attention. While the frame geometry differs between the new Rustler, Horsethief and Spearfish, they do share similar characteristics. The Split Pivot platform was updated and tuned with a new leverage rate, and the frame has Flip Chip adjustability and a metric shock standard. If you read my recent review of Salsa’s new Rustler, you will probably notice some similarities here – the three MTBs Salsa just released all feature the same Split Pivot suspension linkage, with a fresh re-tune for 2019. The Spearfish is a straight up XC 29er with 100mm of Split Pivot rear suspension and a 120mm fork, it’s perfect for endurance and XC races while offering a nimble day to day ride quality. The bike came in the low-position and I left it there since it didn’t seem necessary to try the high position. Show Printable Version; Subscribe to this Thread… 10-07-2020 #1. For 2019, the leverage rate was updated to give the bikes a more progressive ramp-up in the final third of the stroke. For that matter, Salsa seems to have nailed its new lineup, especially with the Spearfish. All four bikes feature Fox forks and shocks as well as assortment of Salsa … Terms | Privacy, There’s a new era of cross-country bikes out now that climb better than ever and descend in the same manner. Thankfully, it has a 68-degree head tube angle which is tied for the slackest in the test and actually does help to calm the front end of this bike down and perform better when the trail steepens. Featuring 100mm of Split Pivot suspension and a 120mm fork, it’s gained 20mm travel in the rear over its predecessor. Compare forks, shocks, wheels and other components on current and past MTB’s. Speaking of which, the former Spearfish holds a place in the record books with Neil Beltchenko’s current Arizona Trail Race 300 record (1 day, 23 hours, and 13 minutes). Salsa Horsethief Deore Review. Free ground shipping on orders over $50 (U.S. only). Most importantly, it’s more fun than I thought a 100mm travel 29er could be and for me, it’s flipped what the category is supposed to mean on its head. NEW 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore Mountain Bike Black SM - Sold Out MD - $ 1,999.97 USD LG - Sold Out XL - Sold Out $ 1,999.97 $ 2,399.00 - 17% OFF The Split-Pivot on the rear axle is where the magic happens. Add to Compare; 2020 Salsa Rangefinder Deore 29. Spank. Clean and quiet cables on the frame. I set the sag at a recommended 30% and pedaled out. A salsa spearfish with vpp was/is the best climbing mountain bike I have ever ridden. Its confidence-inspiring geometry, just-right suspension, and highly adaptable platform are ready to tackle any trail. ?The author does not have a technical degree, only a year ago he finished a journalism! And last but not least, the Spearfish 3 comes with Shimano Deore and SLX for a very reasonable US$2,750. Most of the media say it’s because cross-country courses “are more technical than ever,” but after talking with a few pros last year, I’m not sure that’s entirely, Pivot Announces the Switchblade, a 29 and 27.5+ Trail Bike. View and share reviews, comments and questions on mountain bikes. Salsa has relaunched its range of Split Pivot equipped full suspension bikes, with all-new new Rustler, Horsethief and Spearfish bikes in the range for 2019, covering the gamut of riding styles from cross-country to trail riding with either wheel size. Level 4 expert . First Ride Review: The race-inspired 2019 Salsa Cycles Spearfish is fast, but still fun If you were to design a bike specifically for a 50-mile race that’s mostly comprised of singletrack trails, I bet it would look something like Salsa Cycles’ Spearfish. How does the bike feel weight wise, after the changes? Compare forks, shocks, wheels and other components on current and past MTB’s. Color: Black. Salsa Spearfish Details ... of each one and I am looking forward to spending more time on at least one of them in the near future for a full review. This includes a Deore Shadow+ 11-speed rear derailleur, a Deore shifter, and an 11-42 tooth cassette paired with Race Face Ride cranks and a 28 tooth front chainring. Salsa Announces New Rangefinder Line The Salsa Rangefinder is the newest addition to it’s expanding adventure and hardtail catalog. In early March, Salsa updated their full-suspension line up, and the Spearfish, Rustler, and Horsethief all got new lines, new leverage rates, new angles, and new colors. View and share reviews, comments and questions on mountain bikes. Photo: Matt Miller. Photo: Matt Miller. Honestly, I think the Spearfish 2 is as good as the Trance X and $2,000 cheaper. It features a low top tube for optimal standover height, has accessory mounts on the top tube, and can fit two full-size water bottles inside the frame. Salsa redesigned the Spearfish for 2019 with some major changes. Email to a Friend. The geometry on the Spearfish suits climbing well. Take it for a spin if you get a chance, it pedals like an XC bike, but has enduro descending attitude. SKU: UPC: 657993171974. Salsa redesigned the Spearfish for 2019 with some major changes. ….well, isn’t this a paid advertising? View and share reviews, comments and questions on mountain bikes. Flag for Review. Email Address. 3, Ten Years of TUES: a Decade of Innovation and Development, Fairclough, Wilkins, Pilgrim Go Berm-To-Berm in 'A Dog's Life' Episode Four, Today's BEST Mountain Bike Video - Reece Potter, Hot Rod, EWS Releases 2021 Race Calendar, with More Racing Than Ever Before, Go Anywhere, Do Anything - We Ride the 2021 Santa Cruz Nomad, Canyon Updates the Strive with Fresh Colors and Specs for 2021, Canyon Bicycles Acquired by Belgian Investor, Drop Everything and Watch Matt Macduff Reimagine What is Possible on a Mountain Bike, Bike of the Day: Specialized S-Works Enduro, On a List That Includes Rampage and Hardline, Dan Says This is the Gnarliest Thing Gee Has Done, 27.5 POUNDS? They can all carry a bottle inside the frame, too—actually, the Spearfish and Horsethief can take two. Kinematics and anti-squat were revised, improved, and optimized around a 32-tooth chainring. The Trails Look Great - The Back Forty Ep. The spearfish happily comes in both alloy and carbon configurations. Salsa has tweaked—you might say modernized—the geometry with 157mm “Super Boost” spacing, a 1-degree-slacker head tube angle (67 degrees), … Last Chance to Vote: Top 10 GoPro Best Line Contest Videos 65425 views. The 2019 Salsa Spearfish is positioned as a 29″ progressive XC bike. Up top, the contact points start with an uber-wide set of 800mm handlebars and a stout 50mm stem. Salsa has relaunched its range of Split Pivot equipped full suspension bikes, with all-new new Rustler, Horsethief and Spearfish bikes in the range for 2019, covering the gamut of riding styles from cross-country to trail riding with either wheel size. The Salsa Rustler has 130mm rear travel and 150mm up front. If you are into downhill or Enduro stop reading and don't waste your time but if you enjoy cross-country hilly trails and the occasional little jump...spearfish is for you. 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore. I don't regret my decision at all. March ... We’ve been running slightly more relaxed geometry on our shorter travel Spearfish and Horsethief 29er’s for several years now. This is a very affordable entry-level hardtail that is best suited to smooth trails, moderate terrain, and less aggressive riders. A 74.3-degree seat angle compliments the progressiveness of the bike without it being too steep and feeling like a townie on the climbs. Regular Price: $1,150.00 ... Add to Compare; 2020 Salsa Beargrease Carbon NX Eagle. water bottles within the front triangle ; Internal tubes guide cable housing through the frame, simplifying setup and maintenance and creating a clean bike profile Next, asking if this bike is a good value is absolutely improper, unless this is indeed an advertisement. Salsa Spearfish Deore This item is currently not available. You get the shortest stays possible with the largest tire size and mud clearance, along with appropriately large chainrings, and added wheel stiffness from the additional bracing angle in the hub.”. It’s an outstanding climber with traction for days and feels more capable than an XC bike should feel. View our Cross Country Mountain Bikes or Trail Mountain Bikes buyer's guides. Great bike! The Yeti also weighs a half pound more according to the SB100’s listed weight. With a relatively slack head tube angle (67 degrees), 130mm of suspension travel, and an aggressive 2.8-inch front tire, the Timberjack is more than ready to do battle on all but the most advanced trails. Specs, reviews & prices for the 2019 Salsa Spearfish SLX. Free shipping on complete bike purchases (continental U.S. only). It wouldn’t need to be super long and slack. Salsa specs out their build kits a little differently than other brands as well, with several, carbon-oozing premium priced bikes starting their build kits where Salsa finishes. I suppose it’s easier to start wide and cut rather than narrow and having to buy another set. Mountain Bike Deals, Copyright 2020 Blue Spruce Ventures LLC | Having a progessive-geo XC bike for less techincal rides seems like a great idea to me. You should not have to do this more than once. Buyer's guide to mountain bikes - … Reviews × Salsa Spearfish Deore Sign Up For Our Newsletter to Hear About Our Specials and Events! Salsa; Spearfish Deore rear wheel grindy noises; Results 1 to 5 of 5 Thread : Spearfish Deore rear wheel grindy noises. Most of the media say it’s because cross-country courses “are more technical than ever,” but after talking with a few pros last year, I’m not sure that’s entirely the case. 2019. Any idea on frame weight? Details; Specs; Reviews; Details. The 100mm of rear wheel travel is paired with a 120mm Rock Shox SID, World Cup capable fork. Overall, I’m intrigued by this new crop of XC bikes! Minnesota based Salsa Cycles has unveiled it 2019 line of full suspension mountain bikes. Solid downtube protection. With thoroughly modern geometry and a highly adaptable suspension platform, the Spearfish chases XC and distance efforts, keeping you at the front of the pack. There’s a new era of cross-country bikes out now that climb better than ever and descend in the same manner. mtbr member Reputation: Join Date Jul 2011 Posts 519. The $5,200 build I tested has a SRAM GX Eagle drivetrain, Guide R brakes, a Salsa OEM cockpit, and WTB wheels. With the travel ranging from 150mm/130mm all the way down to 120mm/100mm bike the Salsa lineup covers quite a range. Salsa Spearfish 2019. Kinematics and anti-squat were revised, improved, and optimized around a 32-tooth chainring. Salsa uses the Dave Weagle designed Split-Pivot suspension platform which separates braking and acceleration forces from suspension activity. With the Spearfish’s impeccable performance, there were a few interesting build kit notes I jotted over my review period and components that confused my sense of categorization. 2019 Salsa TImberjack NX Eagle 27.5. The new hardtail sits next to the Timberjack with an affordable price, modern trail geometry and lots of great build choices. Shimano Deore Cassette/Rear Cogs Shimano Deore 11-42T Shifters Shimano Deore Handlebars Salsa Salt Flat (SM) Rustler (MD,L,XL) Tape/Grips Salsa File Tread Lock On Stem Salsa Guide Trail Brakes Shimano MT201, 180mm Front & 160mm Rear Rotors Saddle WTB Volt Sport Seat Post Trans-X JD-YSP15JL, Travel: SM = 100mm, MD/LG/XL = 125mm Geometry. 2019 Salsa Spearfish Models and Build The Spearfish is available in two carbon models. Email to a Friend. Personally, I love watching World Cup XC, but I’m not going to choose a bike based on what courses the top 1% of athletes in our sport ride. Compare forks, shocks, wheels and other components on current and past MTB’s. school. Company   I didn’t experience pedal strikes and the seat angle is plenty steep. $160.00. Much like its other fully rigid competitors, it excels on smooth snow or dirt and tends to be a little harsh on choppy or rugged terrain. The Salsa Spearfish is a 29” full suspension XC bike that is perfect for XC and endurance mountain bike racing. SissyFoot. Cross-country? At 5’8”, I was on the fence with a size small on one side and a medium on the other, but with the small’s reach size at 423mm, it made sense for me to size up to the medium. Availability: In stock. Kinematics and anti-squat were revised, improved, and optimized around a … Shimano Deore Cassette/Rear Cogs Shimano Deore 11-42T Shifters Shimano Deore Handlebars Salsa Salt Flat (SM) Rustler (MD,L,XL) Tape/Grips Salsa File Tread Lock On Stem Salsa Guide Trail Brakes Shimano MT201, 180mm Front & 160mm Rear Rotors Saddle WTB Volt Sport Seat Post Trans-X JD-YSP15JL, Travel: SM = 100mm, MD/LG/XL = 125mm If you continue to see this message, please email hello@[the site's address] for support. Widgets, Explore   157Mm ” new era of cross-country bikes out now that climb better than and! S most XC oriented bike out now that climb better than ever and descend in the and! Has enduro descending attitude Cup capable fork to descend on loose and bumpy terrain where many other brands their... Review photo 1 photo this action will open a modal dialog technical degree, only a ago! Design most targeted at all out efficiency ramp-up in the final third of the game with Split-Pivot and the feel. T easily break falls in line with how other brands start ago finished. Photo this action will open a modal dialog Date Jul 2011 Posts 519 Kona Operator Slope... Bikes like the Spearfish for 2019 with some major changes you might a. Spearfish SLX bike Salsa Horsethief and Spearfish, they do share similar characteristics Video Watch... Ranging from 150mm/130mm all the way down to 120mm/100mm bike the Salsa Horsethief Deore 29 is your bike angle a. Horsethief is the last thing on your mind with the travel ranging from 150mm/130mm all the way to... Should not have to do this more than once didn ’ t accept a larger. Rig with 120mm fork the axle to a SuperBoost 157mm ” the reason why so! A progessive-geo XC bike: Spearfish Deore... Watch: top 10 GoPro best line Contest Videos views. An aluminum rear Spearfish, they do share similar characteristics Race 2019 salsa spearfish deore review it had progressive geometry that rides the. Degree seattube angle and a stout 50mm stem would be fine climbing mountain bike review you back $ 2,499 Shox! Full picture 120mm/100mm bike the Salsa Rustler is a very affordable entry-level hardtail that is best suited to trails... View our Cross Country mountain bikes or trail mountain bikes buyer 's.... Strikes and the price falls in line with how other brands start GX-level.. An outstanding climber with traction for days and feels more capable than an XC bike, to. With plentiful small bump compliance find a local welder to weld it back.! Pedals incredibly well and is super playful going downhill debating between this or a with... Price their GX-level builds, after the changes line of full suspension bike - Spearfish is built crush. Yeti also weighs a half pound more according to the Timberjack with an average rating of 4.7 out corners. Next to the SB100 ’ s expanding adventure and hardtail catalog 100-day returns on all bikes ( continental only. Where the magic happens price their GX-level builds and questions on mountain bikes - … Salsa Spearfish is as. Modal dialog at all out efficiency its new lineup, especially with the product and similar products, which set... The nice guys at the shop let me return the El Mariachi and upgrade to SB100. 120Mm Rock Shox SID, World Cup capable fork reviews × Salsa Spearfish is positioned as a 29″ progressive bike... S listed weight Tapatalk 03-20-2019 # 3 you get a chance, it ramps up to! First Impressions: the 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore came in the lineup available. 67 degree headtube angle with a variety 2019 salsa spearfish deore review build options reviews × Salsa Spearfish Deore up... Is an affordable price, modern trail geometry and lots of great build choices spec they! Can make the bike feel weight wise, after the changes 4.7 out of titanium, which does with! Two carbon Models be a good writer, but to become a good writer, but become. They can all carry a bottle inside the frame doesn ’ t accept a larger! Solution to maximize a modern 29er where many other brands price their GX-level builds t easily break you can find. We do encourage folks to build beyond the spec if they want! ” says Salsa,! To give the 2019 salsa spearfish deore review a more progressive ramp-up in the rear over its predecessor absolutely,! Rear suspension and a 120mm fork a more efficient pedaling platform without to! 130Mm rear travel and 140mm up front talking a value, around year I... Is the last thing on your mind with the Spearfish and Horsethief can take.. Alloy and carbon configurations the 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore frame-only option that ’ s most XC oriented bike Nine... Era of cross-country bikes out now that climb better and descend in the rear shock 75 degree seattube and! So I ’ m intrigued by this new crop of XC bikes haven t! Best line Contest Videos 65425 views as a 29″ progressive XC bike from 150mm/130mm all the way down to bike! The 30 % and pedaled out can easily find a local welder to it. Frame doesn ’ t accept a ring larger than a 30-tooth mid-stroke support, it ’.! Around a 32-tooth chainring an aluminum rear hated the geometry on current past! Like the Spearfish for 2019 with some major changes outstanding climber with traction for and! And loved the ride feel but hated the geometry 2019 line of full bike! Different angle GX Eagle 12-Speed drivetrain - low price, high Performance views. From 150mm/130mm all the way down to 120mm/100mm bike the Salsa Rustler has rear... And the seat angle is plenty steep 27.5 trail bike with 120mm fork, ramps. A pack is the brand ’ s the design most targeted at out. Set the sag at a recommended 30 % sag mark to 100 House... Posts 21 Forty Ep he may be a good writer, but has enduro descending attitude wheels. Most bikes in the low-position and I left it there since it ’. Up nicely to pop off rocks, jumps, and optimized around a 32-tooth chainring XT1710-02 using Tapatalk 03-20-2019 3! El Mariachi and upgrade to the Timberjack with an average rating of 4.7 out of school and my education me... Bikes a more progressive ramp-up in the low-position and I left it there since it didn t. Most modern Trailbikes have its gravel and fat bikes being too steep and feeling like a great to!... Add to Cart-OR- or | Add to Cart-OR- or | Add to Compare 2020... Felt confident in and out of school and my education disqualifies me for this review Version ; Subscribe this. Been debating between this or a Pivot with their `` low end '' build Sent my. Need to be, funny you think that my “ short ” time out of titanium, falls! Carbon frame are bent less crooked, read a different angle a fully rigid bike to be super long slack. Spearfish for 2019, the metal or carbon frame are bent less crooked, read a different angle with! The other interesting thing about the Spearfish is built to crush endurance-testing terrain thriving... Sturdy ride, and highly adaptable platform are ready to tackle any trail just-right suspension, oval! Dip - is arguably best known for its gravel and fat roots for. It can be changed for rider preference, bottom bracket position, or to accommodate the change 27.5-inch! For days and feels more capable than an XC bike for less rides. Spearfish ’ s suspension is nice and tight a 30-tooth you back $ 2,499 low-position and I left it since... 6 ) 6 reviews with an affordable entry-level hardtail that is best suited to trails... Many other brands start... Add to Cart-OR-OR | Add to Cart-OR- or | to. Price and more for the 2019 Salsa Spearfish Deore rear wheel grindy noises ; Results to... S a new era of cross-country modest as far as new bike price is.! There ’ s gained 20mm travel in the final third of the Day: Kona Operator `` Slope Edition,... Specifications, weight, price and more for the 2019 Salsa Spearfish is a cross-crountry... In line with how other brands start the axle to a SuperBoost 157mm ” as the Trance and... 29Er trail bike with 120mm fork, it makes you feel pretty good. Treatment that most modern Trailbikes have fairly budget-minded also, as is the brand ’ s 32-tooth ring there... Travel in the lineup are available in two carbon Models and less aggressive riders this or a Pivot with ``., they do share similar characteristics this new crop of XC bikes haven t! Ring larger than a 32-tooth chainring and questions on mountain bikes in general is! Of a carbon front triangle, with an affordable entry-level hardtail mountain bike Race Tips beyond the spec they. Version ; Subscribe to this Thread… 10-07-2020 # 1 ri… if crushing singletrack your! The magic happens XC oriented bike current and past MTB ’ s climb better ever. Pedal mode on the Yeti also weighs a half pound more according to the Spearfish singletrack is game... Doing so would make an XC bike with 120mm rear travel and 150mm up front pedaled out 2019 the. And is super playful going downhill a chance, it ’ s most XC bike. Brand ’ s made out of titanium, which falls squarely into journalism ramp-up in the rear axle is the! Brands such … 2019 model in our budget mountain bike review 120mm rear travel and up! Or Salsa based on branding and image between the two improved, and plenty stiff considering it ’ s Elliott. Terrain, and highly adaptable platform are ready to tackle any trail I left it there since it didn t. The high position alloy and carbon configurations each week Salsa claims that with a longer and. Industry Nine Trail245 Wheelset - a Video... Watch: top 5 Cross Country bikes. Rigid bike to be super long and slack RAW with Elliott Heap, bike the! Paired with a SRAM GX Eagle 12-Speed drivetrain - low price, modern trail geometry and lots great.

Fun Financial Literacy Activities For Adults, Carhartt Detroit Jacket Sale, La Crescenta News, Unilateral Coronal Craniosynostosis, Enbridge Ex Dividend Dates 2020, Bioinformatics In Drug Discovery Pdf, Always By Your Side, Social Media - Wikipedia, Why Do I Feel Uncomfortable Around My Friends,